Join us for a celebration of youth Jazz! This event is a Fundraiser for the Foundation with special performances by the Dakota Foundation Alumni big band (led by Dakota Combo founder Kelly Rossum) and the preimmenant youth jazz group in Minnesota: the Dakota Combo. Your ticket purchase DIRECTLY supports the DFJE, and includes our signature "Let's Go Crazy" cocktail (featuring Prairie Organic Spirits) and an h'ordeuvres.
Seats are General Admission:
Bar seats: $45
Floor seats: $50
Sponsor table of 4: $250 (includes bottle of wine)
The evening also includes an auction for tickets and meet & greets to artists like Suzy Bogguss Music, among others.
Buy tickets here: http://bit.ly/1UfupHZ
Thank you for supporting youth jazz education!
About Dakota Foundation for Jazz Education:
Jazz has much to teach us, and to teach our young people. That’s why The Dakota Foundation for Jazz Education exists. Our organization was founded in 1997 with the purpose of introducing young people to jazz and helping them understand – and care about – what they are hearing. We want to help young people use jazz for self-expression and communication, and to experience the sheer pleasure that comes from responding to its challenges. The Dakota Foundation for Jazz Education promotes jazz and jazz appreciation through education, funding development and partnerships.
We provide opportunities for students of every stripe to learn about this unique art form. DFJE programs include intensive jazz studies for selected students, public performance opportunities for student musicians, clinics, visiting jazz artists in schools, and scholarships for promising jazz students.
Peruse our silent and live auction items, which will include:
· A Double Magnum bottle of wine
· A Basket of Beers
· A bike tour of Saint Paul’s Public Art and post-tour wine and cheese
· A framed Jazz Fest poster from the 1986 New Orleans Jazz Festival
· An autographed photo of Ahmad Jamal
· Tickets and a Meet and Greet with Chick Corea and Christian McBride when they appear at the Dakota.
· Tickets and a Meet and Greet with Suzy Boguss when she appears at the Dakota.
· A Jazz Package: 3 CD set of The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recordings of Bill Evans; 4CD set of Latin Jazz from Concord Picante; and Living With Jazz, a Reader by noted jazz writer Dan Morgenstern